Volunteers at McLane Children's
We celebrate our volunteers and all they do at McLane Children’s! Volunteers who donate their time and talents to McLane Children’s play a vital role in delivering a positive experience for our patients and families. Our volunteers work alongside our healthcare team and support our mission to promote the well-being of all individuals, families
Want to learn more? Call our Volunteer Services office at 254.935.4265 or email
We are committed to providing our patients and families a meaningful experience at McLane Children’s and volunteers are an important part of the team. Therefore, we ask that all volunteers commit to giving a minimum of three hours a week and at least six months of service. College students seeking hours are asked to commit to two consecutive semesters.
Volunteer Services at McLane Children’s offers a variety of opportunities for volunteer work. Volunteers over the age of 18 that can make a significant time commitment and has a passion for helping others, may be a great fit for our program.
We welcome you to complete an application. It is important to note that volunteers will be placed in areas that fit availability and the needs of McLane Children’s.
Becoming a Volunteer
To get started:
- Complete a volunteer application
- Participate in a personal interview with Volunteer Services
- Complete a medical screening
- Attend an orientation and training
- All volunteers attend a 2-hour hospital orientation
- All volunteers must attend our Patient Experience Academy (dates to sign up will be provided at orientation)
- Receive training for assigned area of service
- Attend mandatory additional training/education each year
Health Sciences summer camp
Thank you for your interest in the Health Science Summer Camp. We are no longer accepting applications for 2019. We welcome you to apply next summer. Applications will be available in February 2020.
Junior Volunteer Program
Thank you for your interest in the 2019 Junior Volunteer Program. The application window has closed. Applications for next summer will be available beginning in March 2020.