If your child has to have surgery, it’s likely you have a lot of questions. You probably thought of a few right away in the doctor’s office, but when you got home, several more came to mind. That’s where Emmi Solutions comes in.
What is Emmi Solutions?
Emmi Solutions is an interactive tool that enables patients to get involved and take active roles in their care. By using colorful animations, voice and text, Emmi helps patients easily understand various procedures and chronic conditions.
How does it work?
Each Emmi program takes about 20 minutes to watch. You can view them as many times as you like. As you watch the program, you can also write notes and questions that you can print out and bring with you to your next appointment.
Emmi answers frequently asked questions and you can view the program in the comfort of your own home or anywhere that has internet access. You can even share Emmi with friends or family members.
How do I access Emmi?
You can access Emmi anywhere and share information with friends and family. Your pediatrician will give you an 11-digit access code. Use this access code to view your program here:
What information does it include?
Emmi programs assist patients in further understanding:
- Reasons for surgery
- Basics of a condition
- What to expect before, during and after a procedure
- Risks and benefits
- Alternatives to treatment
What topics are covered in the videos?
- Blood disorders/cancer care: blood transfusion and lumbar puncture (spinal tap)
- Ear, nose, and throat (ENT): tonsillectomy and ear tubes
- Emergency care: lumbar puncture (spinal tap)
- Eye care: retinopathy of prematurity
- Digestive health: colonoscopy and upper endoscopy
- General surgery: appendectomy, hernia repair and gastrostomy tubes (G-Tubes)
- Heart care: cardiac catheterization for treatment
- Orthopedics/Spine: spinal fusion, splints and casts
- Plastic Surgery, including cleft lip and palate repair
- Urology: hypospadias, circumcision, orchiopexy (undescended testis)
Preparing for a Visit' Video
Watch the Emmi® What to Except During your Hospital Stay Program. This interactive program is for all patients who are preparing for a hospital visit. At just seven minutes long, the program can be viewed on its own or in conjunction with other interactive programs prior to your hospital stay.
EmmiSafety® What to Expect During your Hospital Stay program
© 2011 Emmi Solutions, LLC
Ask Your Provider about Emmi
Ask your pediatrician if there's an Emmi educational program available for your child's upcoming procedure or surgery.