What makes pulmonology at McLane Children's special?
The experience, professionalism, commitment to patient care, and multidisciplinary nature of our caregivers, along with the resources that McLane Children’s Scott & White can offer in terms of diagnostic and therapeutic capabilities, make the Division of Pediatric Respiratory Medicine at McLane Children's unique.
Our goal is to improve your child’s respiratory health and quality of life. We do this by providing:
- Outpatient clinics
- Inpatient consults
- Clinic spirometry testing (lung function testing)
- Clinic blood and radiographic testing
- Sweat Chloride testing to look for Cystic Fibrosis
- Close contact with home equipment providers
- Frequent interaction with home nursing when needed
- Educating patients and their families on appropriate therapies
Cystic Fibrosis Clinic
The McLane Children's Pediatric Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Clinic is an affiliate of the
University of Texas Southwestern CF Center and is accredited by the
National Cystic Fibrosis Foundation for its dedication to the treatment and care of children with cystic fibrosis.
Our clinic is involved in teaching through the
Texas A&M University Health Science Center. When a young person reaches adulthood, the adult CF team begins to administer the patient’s care.
The McLane Children's Pediatric Cystic Fibrosis Clinic meets strict criteria as specified by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. To optimize care, the clinic is staffed by a multidisciplinary team that works together with CF patients on appointed CF clinic days.
Pediatric Cystic Fibrosis Clinic Team
The Pediatric Cystic Fibrosis Clinic Team includes:
- Pediatric Pulmonologist
- Pediatric Gastroenterologist
- Pediatric Clinic Coordinator
- Respiratory Therapist
- Pediatric Pulmonary Nurse
- Pediatric Pharmacists
- Child Life Specialist
- Certified Medical Assistant